Everyone has their own style statement. “Kurtis”, in the long run, have helped all the ladies to discover themselves as the modern era women. Above all, there are various latest kurti designs available nowadays.
Kurti can be considered as one of the most comfortable garments ever invented and therefore, has become the go-to option for most of the Indian women.
Kurtis are good to go for formal as well as informal occasions. This upper body garment comes under the list of most elegant styles of clothing. It is a traditional wear that has evolved in India tremendously.
Kurtis are making it big in bollywood just like the debutants. One such example is Sara Ali Khan who flaunts every kind of kurti she wears. She is often seen wearing Chikan kurti , Block Printed Kurti, Floral Kurti etc. Not only her, many actresses like Janhvi Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Kriti Sanon etc. have cherished the new styles of kurtis.
Talking of the Indian market, there are various types of designs and styles of Kurtis that are floating in the fashion market every day. Some of the latest kurti designs loved by the female population are:
1. A Line Kurti
A line kurtis are long kurtis which are most popular among teenage and college going girls. They can be also worn by middle aged women. It has a flare from the waist giving an ‘A’ shaped look. It looks classy yet trendy. A line Kurti can be worn with jeans, leggings, chooridars, straight pants.
- When to wear: college, professional parties, daily wear, offices.
- Length: Calf length as well as Ankle length
- Accessories: Long earrings, studs or simple bracelet will give an elegant look.
- Footwear: Sandals, Bellies, Wedges, Peep toes Heels.
2. Front Slit Kurti
Front Slit Kurtis are one of the latest kurti designs which have an open front from the waistline and a closed back. It is loved by women of every age. Front Slit kurti is generally circle shaped and doesn;t not have cuts on the side. It can be paired with jeans, jeggings, leggings.
- When to wear: Informal events, Casual gatherings, Family functions.
- Length: Long, usually upto ankles.
- Accessories: Jhumki, Long Earrings.
- Footwear: Jooti, Sandals, Heels.
3. Long straight kurti
Long straight Kurtis are long and in a fixed shape and is the choice of most office going ladies. It fits the body well and looks quite elegant. It can be paired with Jeans, Leggings, Jeggings or Palazzos.
- When to wear: Office, College, Small Gatherings.
- Length: Till calf or ankles
- Accessories: Studs, Medium length earrings, Small jhumkis.
- Footwear: Sandals, Flats, Bellies, Kolhapuris
4. Anarkali Kurti
Anarkali Kurti design is the most ancient style of kurti. It is long and is suitable for young to middle aged women. Usually it is worn with chooridars and now palazzo are also in the trend.
- When to wear: Marriage functions, Other family functions, Gatherings like pooja.
- Length: Can be above ankles or up to ankles.
- Accessories: Jhumkis or Long earrings.
- Footwear: Embellished or traditional Jootis go best with this type of kurti
5. High low kurti
One of latest kurti designs is High Low kurti, this type of kurti has a high front and a lower back or is high low from front. It comes under the category of Asymmetric kurtis.
- When to wear: College, small parties, casual meetings and gatherings.
- Length: Above or up to the ankles.
- Accessories: studs, small earrings, small jhumkis.
- Footwear: sandals, wedges, peep toes heels, bellies.
6. Angrakha Kurti
Angrakha kurti wraps around the whole body and is tied at the side with a beautiful thread. It is an ancient and traditional type of kurti. Anarkali Kurti is best paired with churidars or leggings.
- When to wear: Family functions, Small gatherings
- Length: Usually up to ankles or little above it
- Accessories: Jhumkis or long earrings, choker, anklets.
- Footwear: Embellished or traditional jootis, Mojris.
7. Tail Cut kurti
This design of kurti has curved cuts at both the sides. It is trending in the market and is loved by young age groups. It can be paired with Leggings, Jeans, Jeggings.
- When to wear: Casual parties, office, Outing, Small gatherings, Festivals.
- Length: Calf length, Knee length
- Accessories: long earrings, studs, anklets.
- Footwear: Sandals, Bellies, heels.
9. Princess Line Kurti
Princess Line kurtis are made on kurti for glorifying feminine curves. They are shaped seams which start from the shoulder or armhole and continues till down, as a result, shaping the full length of the kurti. Princess line kurti has a beautiful lace tied in a unique way and goes down from armhole. It gives an elegant and unique look. It can be paired with jeans, jeggings, palazzos, chooridars.
- When to wear: Office, Casual Meetings, College, family functions, Day outs.
- Length: Usually a long length kurti, Calf length
- Accessories: Studs, Any kind of traditional earrings.
- Footwear: Sandals, Wedges, Kohlapuris, Mojris
10. Cold Shoulder Kurti
Cold Shoulder Kurti is one of the latest kurti designs that can be of any style. In this, a small portion of the shoulder is visible and is trending in the market. It can be paired with jeans, leggings, jeggings or palazzos.
- When to wear: Casual Meetings, college, family functions, Day outs.
- Length: Can be of any length.
- Accessories: Jhumkis, Anklets, Bracelets.
- Footwear: Sandals, Wedges, Kohlapuris
11. Floor Length Kurti
Floor length kurti is quite long and is little above the floor. There is no need of wearing any kind of leggings as it covers the whole body and can be worn as a dress as well.
- When to wear: Get togethers, family functions, outings.
- Length: Floor length
- Accessories: Bangles, Long Earrings, Jhumkis
- Footwear: Traditional Jootis, Sandals, Heels
12. Long Chikan Kurti
The elegance of chikan kurti is unparalleled, it is classy and a trendy yet beautiful style of kurti. Nowadays, all the bollywood divas are flaunting their style in chikan kurtis. They can be paired with Chooridars, Tights.
- When to wear: Parties, small gatherings, Day outing
- Length: Usually Calf length
- Accessories: Medium to long earrings, Bracelet, Bangles
- Footwear: Mojris, Sandals, Bellies, heels.
13. Bell Sleeved Kurti
Bell Sleeved Kurti has their sleeves designed in bell shape, therefore, it gives an elegant look to the overall attire. It looks trendy and fashionable. They can be paired with jeans, straight pants, leggings or chooridars.
- When to wear: Parties, College, Informal meetings, Casual outings
- Length: May vary depending upon style
- Accessories: Studs, Traditional Earrings , Bracelets, Watches, Anklets.
- Footwear: Sandals, Flats, Wedges, Heels.
14. Pin tucks Kurti
Pin tucks or artistic pleats stitched together on the Kurti front is the new trend. They are extremely admired and have made their place in the fashion market. It can be paired with Jeans, Chooridars, Palazzos or Leggings depending upon the length of the kurta.
- When to wear: College, Office, Small gatherings, Casual meetings
- Length: Can be of any length
- Accessories: Contemporary Earrings and Bracelets
- Footwear: Mojris, Kohlapuris, Bellies, Sandals
15. Short Length Kurti
Short length kurtis are short in length and is popular among teenage and college going girls. It is best paired with salwars or patiyalas, jeans, jeggings or palazzos .
- When to wear: College, Office, Small gatherings, Casual meetings,
- Length: Above knees or till Knees.
- Accessories: earrings of short and medium size, anklets bangles.
- Footwear: sandals, flats, jootis.
At That’s Indian, we provide latest kurti designs at an affordable price. We have hand block printed and Chikankari cotton Kurtis available. Designed according to the latest trends, we provide different styles of Kurtis.
Click on the link below in case you want yo see how to place an order with us.
Written by: Tanvi Shaligram